James Bond fans visiting London will definitely want to check out the two new tours from Brit Movie Tours due to launch in 2010. The Spy Movie London Tour and Spy Movie Outer London Tour together feature almost 30 different locations from the world of 007.
Spy Movie London Tour
On this afternoon bus tour you’ll visit over 12 James Bond film locations plus sites linked with other British spy characters such as Harry Palmer and Johnny English. We’ll also see places familiar to Bond author Ian Fleming. See where fiction becomes reality as we take you to spots associated with the real world of espionage.
Learn how the films were made, watch the DVD clips as you pass the actual locations, discuss some of the the novels and get trivia about the actors behind them. Along the way you’ll have the chance to get off the bus, take pictures and see the locations up close.
Keep your wits about you as your knowledge on the world of Bond is tested with our trivia quiz. And after the tour you’ll receive a souvenir group picture by email.
PRE-TOUR: Create a spy themed day and visit the Movieum next to the London Eye prior to the start of the tour. You’ll find props from Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough as well as the suit worn by Pascal Sauvage in comedy spy film Johnny English. Brit Movie Tour guests are entitled to a 20% discount on entry to the Movieum when you show your tour confirmation.
Tour highlights include:
- See where Ian Fleming was born and died
- Try to spot a real spy at the MI6 HQ
- Stand on the spot where the traffic wardens were splashed in The World is Not Enough
- Locate the secret offices used by fellow spy Harry Palmer (Michael Caine) in The Ipcress File
- See the St Petersburg Square James Bond visits in GoldenEye
- Follow the route used for Bond’s briefing by M in Tomorrow Never Dies
- Pass by the secret offices of Universal Exports
- Finish the day at Planet Hollywood in London’s Haymarket where you can view some of the props used in the Bond films including the bikini worn by Honey Ryder in Dr No. You’ll receive a 20% discount on food and drink upon presentation of your email tour confirmation
Dates: Sunday at 12:30 (from 14 March – 19 December 2010)
Length: Approx. 3 1/2 hours
Cost: Adults £36 | Children (3-12) £30
Spy Movie Outer London Tour
On this seven hour bus tour you’ll visit over 15 James Bond locations between London and Oxfordshire, as well as places linked with the life of Bond author Ian Fleming. You’ll also get a taste of the real world of espionage where fiction meets reality.
Learn how the films were made, watch the DVD clips as you pass the actual locations, discuss the books and get trivia about the glamorous world of James Bond. Along the way you’ll have the chance to get off the bus, take pictures and see the locations up close.
You’ll stop for lunch at a pub linked with a James Bond movie which will give you time to stretch your legs and soak up the history.
At the end of the tour you’ll receive a souvenir group picture by email.
Tour highlights include:
- See where Ian Fleming was born, educated and died as well as where his novels were written
- Try and get a glimpse of a real spy at the MI6 HQ
- Check in at the Shrublands Health Clinic from Thunderball
- Pay your respects at the site of Tracy Di Vicenzo’s grave
- See where Oddjob cuts off the head of the statue at Goldfinger’s golf club
- Witness the scene where Necros kills the milkman in The Living Daylights
- Receive clearance to enter the location of the Blaydon Safe House
- Get a glimpse of the 007 sound stage at the home of James Bond films at Pinewood Studios (external only)
- Finish the day at Planet Hollywood in London’s Haymarket
Dates: Wednesday at 9:30am (7 July – 25 August 2010)
Sunday at 9:30am (12 September 2010)
Length: Approx. 7 – 7 1/2 hours
Cost: Adults £69 | Children (3-12) £60
For all general inquiries email [email protected] or call 0844 2471 007