Whenever polls are conducted to find the best ever James Bond film, Goldfinger always rises to the top of the public’s selection. In this issue, MI6 Declassified lifts the lid on the recipe that defined a genre and demystifies some of the alchemy that turned Sean Connery’s third outing as 007 in to 24ct cinematic gold.
Also, Roger Moore recounts his time in Kung Fu training for The Man With The Golden, and Sylvan Mason reveals the role her acclaimed screenwriter father Jack Whittingham had in crafting 007’s on-screen persona.
• The Midas Touch – behind the scenes of the best loved James Bond movie
• What Happened to 007’s DB5? On the trail of the world’s most famous car
• High Kicks with Sir Roger Moore – filming the kung fu stunt scenes
• The Battle for Bond – 007’s unsung hero screenwriter, Jack Whittingham
• Director Lewis Gilbert on managing Sean Connery and the press
• GoldenEye 007 producer discusses the latest videogame
• Factory Entertainment recreate Scaramanga’s one-shot weapon
• OSS 117 writer-director Michel Hazanavicius reveals his Bond influences
Free monthly newsletter
Get the latest on Bond 26 and other James Bond news by email.
No thanks, I'm not interested in news about 007