Issue #57 of the full-colour James Bond magazine MI6 Confidential is now shipping worldwide.
The 1980s provided fans five 007 adventures and two different James Bond’s – tied as the most productive decade with the 1960s.
Starting with the crossbow-wielding Melina set out on a mission of revenge, and ending with Pam’s strong-willed CIA pilot, the female characters of the 1980s were far from the gun-arm hanging damsels in distress the series had been criticized for in earlier decades.
With shifts in pop culture and societal norms, casting the women for this era took on new dimensions and would also see the peak and the end of the ‘poolside girls’ publicity trope.
In this issue
- Casting the Leading Ladies of the 1980s
- The Poolside Girls of For Your Eyes Only
- The Circus Girls of Octopussy
- Maud Adams & Kristina Wayborn Remember Octopussy
- Stacey Sutton & May Day Profiles
- The Party Girls of A View To A Kill
- The Women of The Living Daylights
- Pam Bouvier & Lupe Lamora Profiles
If you like MI6 Confidential then you might want to subscribe to the entire 2020 season. Get all five issues and pay the cover price for just four.
Check out details of the subscription here (when available) – or just order the current issue.
Free monthly newsletter
Get the latest on Bond 26 and other James Bond news by email.
No thanks, I'm not interested in news about 007