MI6 Confidential, the full-colour magazine celebrating the world of James Bond 007, returns with its thirty-ninth issue.
Take a deep dive into the rich and complex history of Thunderball, the self-crowned ‘biggest Bond of all.’ Synonymous with ‘Bondmania’, the film’s preproduction has a long, tangled history and lasting consequences for the franchise.
In this issue we revisit the drafting with an insightful look back at the various script revisions before Thunderball went into production, test the waters of the censor’s sensibilities and host a rarely seen suite of retrospective interviews with the principal cast and crew.
In This Issue
- Beneath The Surface – The scripting of Thunderball
- A Modern Mythology – Producers interviewed on the brink of Bondmania
- In Their Own Words – Cast and crew reflect on the biggest Bond of all
- Sex & Sadism For All The Family – Thunderball was cut to meet censor’s standards
- Passion Project – Meet the designer behind Vesper’s iconic Love Knot
- Geopolitics & Genders – The globalism and masculinism of 007 explored
- Local Hero – Bond gave Panamanian actor Jaime Newball his Hollywood debut
- The Bond Connection – Berlin Station is a taught TV thriller from writer Olen Steinhauer
Issue #39 is now shipping around the world. And you can still get five issues for the price of four when you order from the MI6 Confidential website.