MI6 Confidential, the full-colour magazine celebrating the world of James Bond 007, returns with its eleventh issue.
It frequently tops fan polls, is cited as the best Ian Fleming film adaptation, and named his favourite by Sean Connery, but it is often forgotten that “From Russia With Love” was one of the most troubled productions in the 007 series. This issue showcases rarely seen photographs from the set and charts how director Terence Young managed to hold it all together through nearmisses, accidents, cancelled locations and delays.
Keeping with the ‘Bond On Set’ theme, we also go behind the scenes of the ice palace car chase and hovercraft stunts from “Die Another Day” with all-access photographs and firsthand accounts from those who made it possible. Rounding out Issue #11 of MI6 Confidential – the leading James Bond magazine – is an exclusive interview with thriller writer Jeffery Deaver as he declassifies the secrets behind the ‘Carte Blanche’ continuation novel.
In issue 11
- Bond On Set – Rare images from the set and an exhaustive account of the “From Russia With Love” production history
- Jeffery Deaver explains his successful ‘Carte Blanche’ recipe in an exclusive interview
- On Thin Ice – Behind the scenes of “Die Another Day” with stunt driver George Cottle
- GoldenEye 007 Reloaded – An exclusive interview with the producer of this year’s Bond game for Xbox 360 and PS3
- Dr. No Showcase – Breathing new life into the classic 1963 comic
- Composing Blood Stone – Richard Jacques talks one on one about creating the Bond sound
- The Bond Connection – Rowan Atkinson and director Oliver Parker talk Johnny English Reborn
- The Last Word – Richard Kiel recalls his three run-ins with James Bond
You can order MI6 Confidential online from www.mi6confidential.com.
Free monthly newsletter
Get the latest on Bond 26 and other James Bond news by email.
No thanks, I'm not interested in news about 007