Gamers running the PC version of Quantum of Solace on Win XP have recently become aware that one of Microsoft’s regular software patches for Internet Explorer prevents it from running.
Microsoft’s KB972260 update for IE7 was released at the end of July, but appears to be incompatible with the game, which will also not work with IE8. If you are suffering from this problem then you can follow the steps below.
If you have upgraded to IE8 you need to downgrade to IE7:
1. Select Start ->Settings -> Control Panel.
2. Double click on Add or Remove Programs.
3. Tick Show updates box at the top of the window.
4. If you have installed IE8 you should scroll down to and select Windows Internet Explorer 8 and click the button marked Remove.
5. You now need to remove update KB97226 for IE7. First scroll down until you find Windows Internet Explorer 7; below this will be Security Update for Windows Explorer 7 (KB97226) which you should select.
6. Click Remove and wait. Once the update has been removed you need to reboot and Quantum of Solace will work again.
Free monthly newsletter
Get the latest on Bond 26 and other James Bond news by email.
No thanks, I'm not interested in news about 007