Issues #55 and #56 of the full-colour James Bond magazine MI6 Confidential are now shipping worldwide.
As the filmmaking world comes to terms with developing, shooting and marketing mass entertainment in an uncertain COVID environment, issue #55 casts our attention back at sunnier times.
All in the wrist
In this issue we talk exclusively with Moore-era art director John Fenner and Craig-era construction manager Steve Bohan about some of the magnificent sets they designed and built. We also host a candid conversation with the inventor of a suite of Bond RPGs — in an era before videogames took hold, Bond licensees rolled the dice on an alternate form of entertainment.
In issue #55
- All in the Wrist – How Victory Games earned a licence to publish 007 themed role-playing games
- Egyptian Builders – Construction supervisor Steve Bohan reflects on his 007 adventures
- Perfection Refined – A DB5 lovingly-recreated by Aston Martin and Chris Corbould
- A Design Odyssey – From 2001 to Moonraker, John Fenner remembers his work on Bond and with Kubrick
- Last Supper – The origins of Bond’s particular recipe for scrambled eggs
- Beyond Bond – The Fugitive has been imagined for 2020 in a bite-sized format
In issue #56 take a journey back to James Bond’s third outing with this special collector’s issue of MI6 Confidential, celebrating Goldfinger.
Collected amongst these pages are original press materials used to promote the film and lure audiences to cinemas back in 1964. With a new director overseeing an increased budget, this issue is a fascinating snapshot in time just as Bondmania took over the world and Goldfinger became a commercial and critical success securing 007 and Eon Productions’ place in the history books.
In issue #56
- Sadism for the Family – Sean Connery interview
- A Roll in the Hay – Honor Blackman interview
Plus fascinating contemporary publicity features:
- Dead Weight
- Goldfinger: Most Elaborate Production of James Bond Adventure
- How to Win at Golf – By Cheating
- Honor + Sean = Double Dynamite
If you like MI6 Confidential then you might want to subscribe to the entire 2020 season. Get all five issues and pay the cover price for just four.Check out details of the subscription here (when available) – or just order the current issue.