Although the early sequels to Dr No quickly billed themselves as ‘bigger’ than past adventures, nothing quite topped Lewis Gilbert’s three contributions in terms of scale.
With new, exclusive interviews with the director himself and legendary production designer Ken Adam, this issue reflects on the grandeur of You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, and Moonraker – what the MI6 Confidential team have cheekily dubbed in-house as the ‘monorail trilogy’.
As well as an exhaustive twenty-page production history of the trilogy, we celebrate the life and work of the late Richard Kiel, who played the enigmatic but lovable Jaws in both Spy andMoonraker. Making it ‘big’ really is a theme for this issue!
Featured in this issue:
- The Monorail Trilogy – The Bond films of Lewis Gilbert
- You Only Live Twice – From volcano lairs to villainous vixens
- The Spy Who Loved Me – Nobody does it better than Cubby Broccoli
- Moonraker – Taking James Bond further than ever before
- Supertankers & Space Stations – Sir Ken Adam reflects on designing Bond
- Remembering Richard – A tribute to the late, great Jaws actor
- Ian & Roald – Fleming’s connection with the author/screenwriter, Roald Dahl
- The Bond Connection – The spy-fi posters of Robert McGinnis
Issue #30 is now shipping around the world. To order online, visit www.mi6confidential.com.
Free monthly newsletter
Get the latest on Bond 26 and other James Bond news by email.
No thanks, I'm not interested in news about 007