Amazon plans on leaving James Bond well alone.
With Amazon’s purchase of MGM now complete comes the job of integrating the studio into the internet behemoth. In an article published yesterday Mike Fleming Jr, co-editor in chief for film at Deadline, set out what he knows of the situation. The key takeaways are:
- There is hope that MGM will be allowed to operate autonomously.
- Amazon doesn’t plan to make changes to the Bond franchise.
- There will no changes to films currently in production or their release schedule.
- MGM content not planned to be exclusive to Prime Video.
- Theatrical releases will continue to be decided on a case-by-case basis.
Fleming also says Amazon plans a town hall for Friday morning to discuss how the company plans to move forward with MGM.
Free monthly newsletter
Get the latest on Bond 26 and other James Bond news by email.
No thanks, I'm not interested in news about 007