Barbara Broccoli told other filmmakers attending a dinner in LA that she is “not sure” when the next Bond film will start shooting.
A report in Page Six says that on Tuesday she attended a dinner at Chateau Marmont, describing Broccoli as “the blockbuster franchise’s prolific producer”.
That’s prolific as in eight Bond films in 22 years prolific.
Page Six writes:
She’s busy producing two other films and a play, including the London hit “The Kid Stays in the Picture,” which is expected to head to Broadway next.
Those two films are Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool and Nancy which are currently in post-production. The films are due for release, respectively, later this year and next.
Page Six also reports unnamed “pals” saying Broccoli is not waiting for Daniel Craig to “get off his arse” before starting Bond 25. Note the British spelling there (arse vs ass), suggesting the information was emailed to them.
Source: Page Six
UPDATE: Bill Koenig, who runs The Spy Command blog, reminded me via Twitter of an as yet unannounced historical war film which Eon is supposed to be co-producing. It is for that film a helicopter was bought from a German museum earlier in the year.
Get our free monthly newsletter
Become a James Bond Dossier insider!
No thanks, I'm not interested in news about 007