When Ian Fleming wrote Casino Royale in 1953 he sets James Bond against Le Chiffre at the baccarat table. Produced more than 50 years later, the film has had to be updated in many respects, and one of those has been to substitute baccarat for poker.
Poker has become increasingly popular over the last few years, particularly with the advent of online gaming, although online gambling has recently been made illegal in the United States.
How to play Texas Hold’em
Poker has many different forms and one of the most popular,which is played in Casino Royale, is Texas Hold’em. Texas Hold’em is also the most popular variant of poker played in American casinos and is played in the World Series of Poker and World Poker Tour. It is played as follows:
- Preflop – each player is dealt two private cards followed by a betting round
- Flop – three community cards are dealt face up followed by a betting round
- Turn – a fourth community card is dealt followed by a betting round
- River – a fifth community card is dealt and the final betting round occurs
- Showdown – each player plays the best five-card hand he can make using any five cards among the two in his hand and the five on the board
A player can fold at any time and get out of the hand,but will lose the bet made.
Free monthly newsletter
Get the latest on Bond 26 and other James Bond news by email.
No thanks, I'm not interested in news about 007